As far as i know png alpha transparency does not work well in IE 5.5 and 6,
it seems to only works in firefox, JavaScript must be use to fix this
problem. check out this site, it might be of help to you
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/pnghowto.htm, i tend to avoid the use
of png as it is not cross browser compatible, i  uses gif instead.

regard,
Tan Le

On 4/11/07, dwain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 22:13, Andrew Harris wrote:
> I specify the page background to #003366
> In photoshop I specify the starting blue of the vignette to #003366
> I also create a 20px square of #003366, set the opacity to 50% and
> save out a png24 with transparency

save it to a png8 and you should be ok.

--
Dwain Alford
P.O. Box 145

telephone:  205.487.2570
cellphone:  205.495.5619

"The artist may use any form which his expression demands;
for his inner impulse must find suitable expression."

     Wassily Kandinsky, "Concerning The Spiritual In Art"