From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jamie Collins
Sent: 22 May 2007 18:10
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] dl v table for form layout

A table is for Tabular Date, a quote from the W3C Documentation:

"Tables should not be used purely as a means to layout document content as
this may present problems when rendering to non-visual media. Additionally,
when used with graphics, these tables may force users to scroll horizontally
to view a table designed on a system with a larger display. To minimize
these problems, authors should use style sheets to control layout rather
than tables."

There is a big debate around a DL, but in a sense a list of form inputs is
infact just that, A LIST. So while you may be saying its wrong its more
semantic then using a table.

People need to understand that they cannot just return to tables because
they dont know how to layout there forms or any other elements for that
matter. A table is for tabular data, and if your using it to style your page
you need to take a strong look at what your doing. Tables for layout,
regardless of what your laying out is wrong.