Well, I have quicktime and iTunes. I don't have Swift. I still got all the reported problems in my Win XP SP2: no fonts and crashing bug button. And no, deleting the two .ttf files didn't solve it.

Roberto

Rob Crowther wrote:
Simon Moss wrote:
FWIW I have been running iTunes and Quicktime on this machine - I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I have Quicktime (which I've tried updating) but not iTunes. I also have Swift (open source webkit based browser) installed which may be upsetting things.

I have found a way to get Safari to behave usefully, if not look very nice. Go to the Safari folder in Program Files, look in the 'Safari.resources' folder and delete the two .ttf files (Lucida Grande and Lucida Grande Bold). Safari will then display text on the web page and chrome, but the chrome is all rendered in Times Roman.

--
-------------------- Roberto Gorjão
freelance designer and web designer