  From: John Horner
  To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
  Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 2:55 AM
  Subject: [WSG] Who's A "Front End" Developer?

  I'm interested in the "front end" part of the Dutch group's name.

  We were having a discussion at work the other day about which skills you
should have to have in order to call yourself a "web developer".

  I just finished a project which required knowledge of the following:

  * HTML
  * CSS
  * Javascript
  * XML
  * Perl or PHP
  * SQL

  but what's the minimum set of skills we think someone should have to call
themselves a web developer?

  You could make a case, I'm sure, for just HTML and CSS. You develop
(non-interactive) web pages with HTML and CSS. Javascript is really a
programming language. Should AJAX be listed seperately?

  However, if that's enough to call yourself a web developer, what do we call
someone with all the skills above?

  The information contained in this email and any attachment is confidential
and may contain legally privileged
  or copyright material. It is intended only for the use of the addressee(s).
If you are not the intended recipient
  of this email, you are not permitted to disseminate, distribute or copy this
email or any attachments. If you
  have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete this email from your system.
  The ABC does not represent or warrant that this transmission is secure or
virus free. Before opening any
  attachment you should check for viruses. The ABC's liability is limited to
resupplying any email and attachments.