I think that everybody has missed the original point of Marvin's post.

Marvin was looking for help in completing his visual design units in his web
design course, as Marvin is visually impaired and is trying to build
websites for sighted people using a screen reader. And you thought is was
hard the other way round.

I assume Marvin must pass the visual design units to complete the course. Do
not pass the course and no qualification, no chance of further education and
less chance of a job in the field he wants.

Marvin is after advice, help, tips, tricks and techniques for visual design,
such as colour theory, image size etc. as well as suggestions on how to
storyboards and flowcharts.

I don't have a lot of links at hand but I will have a look over the weekend
for you Marvin.

I hope a few others can go through there del.icio.us accounts and similar
and find a few links for Marvin before next semester.