Chris Wilson wrote:

A private company should be able to do whatever the hell they like. Suit is without merit and frivolous. What's next, suing vehicle manufacturers for not providing a braille manual? I'm all for accesability, but there is no reason it should be mandated, and lack of is in no was discriminatory.

Thoughts like this really belong in the comments section of the article. They could join such pearls of wisdom as:

"With all the companies selling their wares on the web, why don't the
blind just "move on" (no pun intended) to an organization that caters to
their needs?"

"I'm waiting for a blind man to sue Playboy or Hustler magazine for
'equal access'...."

"I wondered if an Iraqi war veteran who lost his sight in combat joins
the class action suit would that cause the judge to reverse herself (she
might implode if she had to rule in favor of a soldier)? But then I
realized that the hypothetical wasn't realistic because no one brave
enough to serve America in war could ever be so stupid as to associate
with this moron class action."
[Mike - yup, not only disabled, but stupid *and* unpatriotic.]

"As a part-time website developer I need to point out a couple of things
that need to be understood on this matter.

First of all ... Although I can fully understand the problems of
accessing websites for those with eyesight problems this type of need is normally taken care of with software the individual purchases and installs on their own computer ... not by the website itself ...

Secondly ... to carry this a step further ... to be fully compliant the
software at the website end would be required to be able to translate
and verbalize the text into every spoken language on the face of the
earth ... not just the language in which the text was written bty the
website owners ... fail to do that and you would face never-ending
lawsuits from people that didn't speak English or whatever the native
language of the website ..."
[Mike - see, the problem is this guy is only a part-time web developer. If he was full-time, he'd totally have time and be able to solve the "verbalise the text into every spoken language" problem.]

"The fall of Rome was accomplished largely by similar politically
correct social miscreants."
[Mike - this last one is my favourite. Maybe Al Qaeda is behind the lawsuit?]

This article has totally made my day in the "it's so bad all you can do is laugh" mode.

Mike