Those are all well and good, but utterly useless in a global marketplace.
Should I be under your countries guidelines? Mine? What if I'm
international? All of them? What if country As guidelines are incompatible
with country Bs... Or should legislation hinge on guidelines proposed,
created, and managed by a non government body (WSG)?

You are all so quick to support legislation, but do you have any concept of
how that would change the web, a concept not just of the accesability impact
but the real impact?