On 4 Oct 2007, at 04:33, Jim Davies wrote:

Speaking only of businesses int he United States, no government entity should be telling a private business what it must do

WHAT?

with that one line you have just summarised all that is strange about America. Private business is above the law? They can do whatever they like?

so it's okay if a private business murders people?

what about paying taxes? the government tells them to do that, are you saying that a private business can decide not to pay tax?

sheesh.

whatever country we live in, we're all on the same planet and laws are generally made by the people for the people to protect the people...

I just woke up to an inbox full of misguided bigotry and confused logic that makes me wonder why I'm on this list.

;(