Rick Lecoat wrote:
Remember that screen reader applications can commonly call up a handy
list of all the links on a page

Has anyone tested how skip links work from a link list?

I have a little theory called "the hierarchy of link specificity" that I've been meaning to write up for years. The theory concerns itself with source order and link lists.

It goes something like this: with a reverse source order (content before nav) content specific links will always appear before the current section nav ,main nav, and utility links - this should have the effect of allowing the most relevant (to the current context) links to appear at the top of lists - effectively shortening them considerably. With traditional source order link lists are essentially random and people still have to scroll through the entire list to find relevant links.

kind regards,
Terrence Wood.