plasmo wrote:
Hi,

I am currently reviewing an area of an intranet, and getting a lot of
anecdotal comments such as "all the intranets I've ever seen worked
like this".

To deal with this somewhat, I am taking a short quiz of people's
experiences with their current intranets.

If anyone here can help, replies would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,
Vanessa Toholka

QUESTIONS:
1.  Does your company have a single overarching intranet, which is the
first point that everyone goes to, with sub sections for various
groups OR do you have a separate site for each section or group within
the company?

2.  Is your intranet built on a standard set of templates reflected
across divisions, or are your sub sites or various intranets very
different?

3.  If a new service/resource was being launched in your organisation
would the announcement be made via email or via the intranet?

4.  Do you utilise any collaboration tools. (discussion boards, wikis,
blogs etc?)  If so do they enjoy a good level of user activity and
participation?

1) Overarching intranet. I am currently redoing ours from scratch and it'll be the central point for anything else web-based for our company. 2) At the moment they are different, but we'll probably have some common elements (most likely the header and horizontal menu).
3) Via intranet. We rarely email each other.
4) We currently use a forum (discussion board) and we get everyone participating, though it took a bit of coaxing to get them started using it.