On 10/17/07, Rick Lecoat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anyone tell me what is the best accessible way (if any) of encoding
> a mailto: link? I want to make the email addresses on a site usable to
> screen reader users, but don't want them harvested by spambots.

Hi Rick,
You might be interested in an experiment I ran that compared a few
techniques for protecting one's email address from harvesting bots.
The short answer: entity references worked very well and do not need
Javascript to work. I am not an accessibility guru so I can't say how
friendly that is to screen readers and the like, but I reckon you have
plenty of people on this list who can inform you on that score.

http://NikitaTheSpider.com/articles/IngenReklamTack.html

Hope this helps

--
Philip