On 10/17/07, Michael Kear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The reason for using wmode was to fix the problem that existed before.   All
I wanted was to make sure the dhtml drop down menu came down on top of the
flash movie not underneath it.

Is that not the best way ?
Mike, unfortunately claiming "wmode" is the only way to get the drop-downs
to come over flash; I just wanted you to be aware that there are
accessibility concerns (see the links in my last post) when using "wmode".

Secondly, it's documented that "wmode" causes performance/compatibility
issues with flash especially when you claim it to be "transparent". Thus,
unless you need to reveal a background of the table behind flash it is
recommended that you use "wmode='opaque' versus transparent. It'll give you
the same results and you will suffer from less performance issues and it'll
work under Linux boxes where as "transparent" will not (the last time I
checked).

- Nate

P.S. If accessibility is a large concern you may want to pull the flash
movie out of the general layout and place it into a pop-up window or
something so you do not have to claim "wmode" at all.