I was hired to work on a section of a fairly visible high volume site in the
US.  I had an image comp and was all set to build out the structure using
standards when I got handed the html and css I was supposed to use.

I was aghast as the table based nested table structure that was so sloppy it
showed externally.  The CSS I received was minimal.

I did clean up the coding in my area, reducing the number of nested tables and
depending more on <div>s. I expanded the CSS as well.

My part and the greater site passed the 508 compliancy testing so it went live.

Nancy Johnson

http://mail.yahoo.com