Strictly speaking, it is the browsers that are at fault - Safari/WebKit
supports multiple background images, and FireFox/Camino et al. all
support rounded corners via border-radius. In both cases this is
(basically) according to the CSS spec.

In many cases, I use border-radius: this is purely eye-candy, and I
really don't mind it looking better in FireFox than it does on IE.

Mike