Andrew wrote:

> Jermayn,
>
> That one person may find the sitemap useful does not mean that the
site
> navigation is broken - all that we do know for sure is that one person
> likes to use the sitemap.
>
> If everyone uses the sitemap, then the navigation could well use some
> work.
>
> Similarly - if some internal users find a browse facet based on the
> organisational structure helpful, it doesn't mean that it should be
> removed. Org structure shouldn't be the only browse facet, sure, but
it
> can be one of them.

There aren't any rules.  It's a matter of how far you want to go.  Some
people may even choose to have a full site index of words and phrases.

The important thing, I believe, is that if you start off with a site map
you should keep it up to date.  Many CMS do this, but it's a harder task
when the site map is hand coded.

Kerry

This email, and any attachments, may be confidential and also privileged. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all
copies of this transmission along with any attachments immediately. You should
not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
person.