On 22/11/07 (00:32) Lea said:

>But some people prefer to have a quick squiz at the sitemap to see the
>totality of what the site contains.
>People are all different. Your navigation can be fine, and their
>mindset just wants to look at things differently.

I agree.
I am a user who quite likes site maps, especially on larger (eg.
enterprise-scale) sites where it might need a few clicks to get to the
location I want. This holds true even if the navigation is perfectly
okay; I like having the option of seeing an overview.

If I'm in a large shopping mall the sign posts pointing me to different
locations (toilets, food hall, car park, etc -- not necessarily in that
order!) might work very well, but it is still useful, to me at least, to
find one of those big floorplan maps with a You Are Here arrow that
gives me the wider picture.

--
Rick Lecoat