> I'm wondering if the pursuit of semantics might sometimes be taken to
unreasonable extremes?

> Must everything that is contained in the marked-up document contain some
semantic value? Must anything that does not have an inherent semantic value
be excluded? Surely not.

> If an element is semantically neutral (as DIV) then it necessarily has no
impact on the semantic value of the content contained within. My
understanding is that the whole argument

> against using tables for structure is that that use distorts the semantics
of the table's content.

Thanks for keeping the discussion focused on *DIVs* ;)
And yes, that's the whole point I've been trying to make. IMO, the use of
DIVs carry no semantic, they are neutral and that's why we can abuse them.
Using empty ones to clear elements, using double wrappers, etc.

> None of which, by the way, Thierry, is intended to detract from the skill
and ingenuity of your IMPRESSIVE demonstration.

Thanks.
I must say I got what I paid for, as I knew the title of the article was
"provocative"  :)

--
Regards,
Thierry | http://www.TJKDesign.com