Personally I reccommend paralells or vmware fusion, my setup.

Virtual PC does not work worth a damn after os 9.

I bought an OEM copy of XP when I bought the Mac, less than £100. Not sure what currency you use. and parallels was cheap.

you can use bootcamp if you like but I prefer within os x. Bootcamp exposes too much of the insecure OS to the world whereas a virtual image running within oSX still has some degree of sand-boxing if you set it up right.

I installed an image of XP SP2 and do not use it. I then copied it as another instance, loaded AV, spyware and firewall software, all free and dependable enough, and then use that to tst IE6. I then copied that and install IE7. I can then run both instances, simultaneously (get plenty of RAM!) and test both main browsers at once.

If something goes wrong with one of the instances I wipe it, copy the first "root" instance of XP and start fresh with a virgin instance... Not bad for less than £150 and a days work setting up and locking it down!

Joe