I just like to ask if it might be possible to turn off this "version
> freezing" thing in IE8, maybe with some markup or something. I agree
> with Drew Mclellan when he said in his blog that old browsers must die.

You can't "turn it off" as such, since it will be built in to IE8 and
enabled by default. But you can negate the effect by setting your pages to
"IE=edge" which simulates what would have happened without the version
freeze thing. Or you can explicitly set IE7, or IE8, or both.

As the tag is an http-equiv it should be possible to set this up using a
.htaccess file or via server configuration, rather than putting in the meta
tag. That at least is the "least work" option for those of us doing the
right thing.

cheers,
Ben

--
--- <http://weblog.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not