Joe Ortenzi wrote:

... The help application opens a new window because it is designed to help you interact with the application you requested help with. It would be pretty dumb to delete the thing that you requested help with to be replaced with the help modal.!!

Exactly my point. And exactly the situation with a complex web app.
And of course there are other interactions where a separate window
is appropriate, as with desktop apps.

But web pages rarely  ....

And once more, I'm *not* talking about "web pages", but about "web
applications". Perhaps if you've never seen or used one, it's hard
to conceptualize, but they exist.

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-621-3445   === http://webtuitive.com