Chris:

there's also another aproach you can use for testing purposes, if you
have friends that trust you and who are using other operating systems,
or different browsers, quite lighter then using virtual machines:

You can use virtual network computing software, like realvnc for instance.
There's free vnc software on the first google links, the software is
quite safe to use, and you can see your site in your friends desktops
from your own computer (side by side desktops, a good resolution
monitor helps a bit).
It also helps, because you get someone else testing the site for you
and finding issues one ends up missing: fresh eyes are better checkers
for usability problems.
You can be speeking to them through intant messaging and interact with
your friends descktop or watch him do it.
In your case, instead of looking at your clients screenshots, you
could ask them to install vnc and run test session. You would also
show them at the same time how it works on your browser, get a better
feeling on what is really a priority for your client, and what can you
negotiate in terms of support for older browsers and using the
cappabilities of the newer ones.

Hope it helps,
regards,
Isabel Santos