On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 7:01 PM, Michael Horowitz <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However when it comes to literacy most people using websites are computer
> competent or they wouldn't be surfing the web in the first place.

Sorry, but that's complete speculation. In my experience, a large proportion
of computer/web users struggle to understand online concepts that we expert
users take for granted. Many regular surfers have no idea how to interact
with a scroll bar - and there are lots of people who don't know how the
address bar of their browser works! (Look at Google's top searches, they are
all URLs - people use that rather than type in the address bar.)

--

- Matthew