Have always avoided doing sites that needed a shopping cart but a new client will need one. I would appreciate some advice. Do the free ones (such as ZenCart and OsCommerce) do an adequate job or would I be better off advising my client to go for a paid one. I have a colleague who does custom-designed ones and I would be looking at about a minimum of $500.

The second question is who does what? Once I have the cart (either a downloaded free one or a custom one) and it is uploaded to the website, who inputs the products etc? I imagine the client would need to be shown how to do this? What is the usual procedure?

Thanks.

Lyn Smith
www.westernwebdesign.com.au
Affordable web design - Perth, Western Australia