From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Adam Martin
Sent: 04 September 2008 23:33
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Google chrome... Accessibility coming very soon???

Hey guys... it is great that talk about accessibility and chrome has been
raised - but I do think that we need to wait until it is out of beta.

Cheers
Adam

--

Why? Accessibility can't just be bolted on afterwards - it needs to be
designed in from the start. The fact that the application cannot be used

The fact that keyboard-only users, screen reader users and others cannot use
the browser at all means that they are entirely excluded from the beta
phase, so it seems they will not be able to provide feedback until it goes
gold, if it ever does. For an organisation with Google's resources this is
totally unacceptable.

Steve