On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:33 AM, Keryx Web <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Adam Martin skrev:
>>
>> Hey guys... it is great that talk about accessibility and chrome has been
>> raised - but I do think that we need to wait until it is out of beta.
>
> A beta is supposed to be feature complete. otherwoise it's an alpha.

Just clear up my understanding, folks; is Internet Explorer accessible
because Microsoft builds the accessibility features, or because a
third-party software vendor builds the features? I know Microsoft has
been very good about building a number of user-friendly features into
Windows, like the on-screen keyboard and OS-level magnifying tool, but
I thought that all the screen readers and similar assistive devices
were developed by third parties.

If Google Chrome is really open source, then it seems that the same
could be done for it, with a lot less expense than designing assistive
software/devices for a proprietary browser.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.net