Everyone (newbies to the list especially):

Just a reminder about the purpose of this list and some of the things that happen on here you should be aware of:

1. This list's purpose is discussing items related to web standards. Sometimes the lines of what fits here are blurred and thats ok. I've been on the list for 2 years now (I think) and I've seen
     many, many topics come and go that range from appropriate to
     completely inappropriate.

  2. Occasionally off-topic discussions go so far that the admins have
to come in and give everyone a "knock it off!". It happens. Sometimes new members get upset when scolded for such things. Its
     no big deal.  Many of the members on this list are extremely
     knowledgeable and have been on this list for a long time and are
     frequent contributors and help A LOT of newbies.

  3. These same people have seen many many newbies come and go, many
     with the same OT discussions they want to throw out at everyone -
     like in this instance copycat sites.  That topic does not belong
     here. Plain and simple.

  4. Grandma used to say, "You'll catch more flies with honey than with
     vinegar."  In this case, the veteren member could not have put the
     OT reminder more nicely.  In fact in 2 years its the most clear
     and pleasant way I may have seen, yet...

  5. Then another global round of thousands if emails need to get
     generated so the other member can complain in the manner they were
     addressed. Then this email....(there will be a bunch more too)....

  6. My point?  This isn't Myspace.  Leave the snippy remarks at the
     hair salon where they belong.  This is supposed to be a community
     of clever minds and intelligent discussions - regarding web standards.

Sorry - I just couldn't help myself from writing this post. I was once the snippy newbie to who yelled at members everytime I was mildly insulted....it happens but hopefully we can rise above it.

Joseph R. B. Taylor
/Designer / Developer/
--------------------------------------
Sites by Joe, LLC
/"Clean, Simple and Elegant Web Design"/
Phone: (609) 335-3076
Fax: (866) 301-8045
Web: http://sitesbyjoe.com
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Yes Adam, you're right - I will remember that for future posts...

Maybe you can remember your social graces when replying.

Quoting Adam Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

...and this is related to web standards how?
I don't mind these posts - but please mark them [OT]