Brett,

I'd start with the Wikipedia entry on OOP (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Object_Orientated). It gives you a good
overview of what OOP is, and even has a paragraph on JavaScript and the
Document Object Model it uses. Wikipedia may not be the best source for
information if you are trying to form and argument, but it's a great place
to start looking for additinal resources since the articles are linked to
other sources, internal and external).

Nick