On 27/12/08 17:36, Chris Kennon wrote:

(3) The use of a background-image for the logo with the text
positioned off-screen means that if the user enforces their own colors
for increased legibility, the header _and its text_ will likely be
invisible.

What image replacement techniques do you suggest to compensate for this
issue?

Since all the widely CSS image replacement hacks I've seen are broken in this regard, I suggest using IMG with ALT as the least bad option until CSS3 content:url() image replacement is implemented in browsers additional to the (uncommonly used) Opera and Safari.

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-content/

http://www.css3.info/image-replacement-in-css3/

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis