I remember I asked this before, still I am unable to figure out how to fix it. It disturbs me not able to fix it as it shows up as an error in WAI AA validation; it's not a warning so I am curious to know if this will cause accessible difficulty to screen readers.

I have this script in a file

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
    function validatePollAnswerIsSelected()
    {
        var options = $$('input.poll_vote');

        for( i in options ) {
            if( options[i].checked == true ) {
                return true;
            }
        }
        return false;
    }
//]]>
</script>

and the form:

<form id="pollForm" action="<?php echo $action ?>" method="post" onsubmit="return validatePollAnswerIsSelected();">

According to W3C:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/scripts.html#h-18.2.2.1
The onsubmit event occurs when a form is submitted. It only applies to the FORM element.

CT:     Consult the type definition for details about case-sensitivity.
If an attribute value is a list, the keys apply to every value in the list, unless otherwise indicated.

So vague that I understand every english word yet I haven't a clue what it means.

tee