David Dorward wrote:
> tee wrote:
>> I remember I asked this before, still I am unable to figure out how to
>> fix it.
>
> I spent ages reading and rereading this until I spotted the error
> message hiding away in the subject line :)
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/scripts.html#h-18.2.2.1 is the bit
> of the spec that you need.

And upon rereading, I see you've already found that bit of the spec.
Forgive me for responding before I'm properly awake.

If you have a <script> element, you specify the scripting language it
uses with a type attribute.

You can't do that for an onsubmit attribute, so you need to use meta
data to do it:

<META http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript">

... or you could use unobtrusive JavaScript and attach the event handler
programatically, which eliminates the need for this.

--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>