From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Jon Gunderson
Sent: 12 March 2009 14:23
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] a WCAG 2.0 question

I think this requirement is a little out dated, screen readers today do a
good job of telling people that a new window is open.

I think the main concern is window pollution, if links are opening a lot of
"new" windows it can be difficult for people with some types of disabilities
to be aware of and find windows they are interested in.

I believe a best practice is for your web pages to use the same TARGET
attribute value so links from your page basically are updating the same
"new" window and not creating a new window for every link followed from your
website.

Jon