On 2009/10/28 17:37 (GMT-0400) kris wright composed:

> email clients vary
> wildly in their HTML rendering capabilities, and on occasion actually modify
> your HTML code makes things even more confusing.

Email is supposed to be text communication. Web pages are web pages. If you
want your email recipients to reliably see web pages nearly as you intend for
them to look, have them open them in their web browsers instead of their
email clients. Make the email 100% plain text only, and provide in the email
a URL to the HTML (and CSS) formatted version on your web host.

Most HTML email that arrives here is redirected to the bit bucket, since HTML
in email is a highly favored spammer malware delivery method. Whatever HTML
email doesn't reach the bit bucket is seen as (big enough to read) plain text
anyway, courtesy of my email app, which has been directed to show all
messages only as plain text.
--
"   A patriot without religion . . . is as great a
paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/