From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org] On
Behalf Of Felix Miata
Sent: Thursday, 29 October 2009 11:28 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Accessibility and HTML Emails

On 2009/10/28 17:37 (GMT-0400) kris wright composed:

> email clients vary

> wildly in their HTML rendering capabilities, and on occasion actually

> modify your HTML code makes things even more confusing.

Email is supposed to be text communication. Web pages are web pages. If you
want your email recipients to reliably see web pages nearly as you intend
for them to look, have them open them in their web browsers instead of their
email clients. Make the email 100% plain text only, and provide in the email
a URL to the HTML (and CSS) formatted version on your web host.

Most HTML email that arrives here is redirected to the bit bucket, since
HTML in email is a highly favored spammer malware delivery method. Whatever
HTML email doesn't reach the bit bucket is seen as (big enough to read)
plain text anyway, courtesy of my email app, which has been directed to show
all messages only as plain text.

--

"   A patriot without religion . . . is as great a

paradox, as an honest man without the fear of God. . . .

                                                2nd U.S. President, John
Adams

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***   <http://fm.no-ip.com/> http://fm.no-ip.com/