Hi Tom,

SitePoint has a good few articles on this topic, they're pretty recent too, in
terms of not being so many years old. Have a look here:

http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/10/06/progressive-enhancement-1-html/
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/10/07/progressive-enhancement-2-css/
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/10/08/progressive-enhancement-3-javascript/
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/09/22/progressive-enhancement-graceful-degradation-basics/
http://www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2009/09/23/progressive-enhancement-graceful-degradation-choice/

Also, I'd be interested in seeing what findings you currently have, if you can
send them to me, that would be great thanks. Hope that list helps too.

Andrew Cooper