Interesting. Because imho, there are *great* articles out there that have
been written years ago.
A simple example that comes to mind is "onhavinglayout" from Ingo Chao
created on 2005 (last update 2008).
Jukka Korpela's articles also date from *years* ago as well as stuff from
Georg Sørtun, John Gallant & Holly Bergevin, Bruno Fassino, etc.
I'm not saying that everything old is a good read, I'm just saying that
ignoring results because they are old may not be the best way to go when it
comes to find the best answer/solution.

--
Regards,
Thierry | www.tjkdesign.com