On 5 Aug 2010, at 21:12, tee wrote:

Hi David,

Having done 2 full sites+ many exercise mobile sites, I view at Opera Mini (including the Mobile 10) the Internet Explorer 6+7, it's a browser one will hate it, curse it more than praise it :-(

What are your issues with Opera Mobile (Opera Mini has known restrictions as it is designed for low-end devices which can't power a full browser; which are the majority of the worlds devices people use to access the web. Smart phones are only big in the West).

Are you mixing up Mini and Mobile, as you state "In my iPod Opera Mobile 10". Opera Mobile doesn't exist for iPod as Apple do not allow full browsers on iOS as JavaScript engines bar their own pre-installed one are banned.

I think the problem might be this:

body#p #main img {border: 3px solid red;display: block;
max-width : 96% !important;
height : auto !important;
margin : 20px 0 0 0;
}

Should it not be "body#p, #main img"?

Apart for this, I don't think it's a good idea to declare max-width for any mobile browsers, be it container or inline image. This rule you have should take care of the width for portrait and landscape view: @media handheld, screen and (max-width: 480px), screen and (max- device-width: 480px)

In my iPod Opera Mobile 10, your site results horizontal scrolling, you might want to overwrite all the EM declared in (max)widths to % in your @media.

A side note , next time you might want to post a tinyURL or bit.ly (I like this!) address if ask mobile browser check because typing on a tiny screen keypad on a tiny screen for a long url address is no fun :-) Some mobile emulators do not allow copy and paste either.

tee