On 18 Aug 2010, at 21:17, Prisca schmarsow wrote:

Hi ;)

as the subject has expanded to HTML5 - use it or not yet - I thought I might throw in a sample site. This is a new site for a webdesign course I run and teach, recently put live, setup in WordPress, and using some HTML5. (I will not teach next year's students HTML5 yet - but will introduce it in the last term, according to the latest spec)

I would not say the site is pure HTML5 in the strictest sense just incorporating suitable HTML5 tags in the theme, as appropriate (I hope). It still uses a few standard HTML tags and is a bit of a hybrid, I suppose. I aim to keep working on improving the source and tweak it all as time goes on ~ and/or specs change. For now, I hope it meets with your approval and I would be curious to hear your thoughts - if anyone is interested in having a look: http://webeyedea.info

Any thoughts and feedback would be most welcome :)

hgroup is as far as I can tell a hack to hide a subtitle or such marked up as a heading element (h1–h6) from the sectioning algorithm used to calculate the structure of your document .

“The hgroup element is typically used to group a set of one or more h1- h6 elements — to group, for example, a section title and an accompanying subtitle.”

Thus I think you only use the hgroup if you are using another heading such as an h2 for your subtitle, otherwise it isn't really needed and you can avoid using the hgroup all together. I could be misinterpreting it though.

Prisca

Prisca Schmarsow — 07969 713 329
graphiceyedea.co.uk --- eyelearn.org --- webeyedea.info

student forum:
eyelearn.org/forum