From: li...@webstandardsgroup.org [mailto:li...@webstandardsgroup.org]
On Behalf Of tee
Sent: 21 January 2011 04:21
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] Accessible modal windows / lightboxes

On Jan 20, 2011, at 4:44 AM, Steve Green wrote:

        Yes, here's one we worked on -
http://htmltools.moneymadeclear.org.uk/mortgage-calculator/index.aspx

Have you tested it on Firefox? It doesn't seem to allow keyboard support
for the modal window.

Also, a usability glitch IMHO, the close button should be placed in the
last keyboard control, reason is that, if the content in the modal
window is intended for reading and there are links within it that
depends on keyboard control, you won't want users to close the window
before they even have a chance to tab through the content. Having the
close button placed in the last keyboard control prevents users to close
it - once you hit the "Get Started" (if you miss the enter key (the
focus is not as obvious despite the outlined) when you are at the
button) it doesn't allow you to go through the tab again to close the
window.

tee