On Jan 21, 2011, at 3:38 AM, Steve Green wrote:

> Yes, it was tested in all browsers and I just tested it again in Firefox on
> Windows and Mac - it works ok for me. What is not working for you?

Tested it again. I see the problem now, it takes the third tabbing to see the
focus for close. First tab (close button) shows nothing, second tab (get
started) shows nothing and third tab the close button is focused, so is the
forth for get started. I do not see this problem on Webkit browsers.

Opera doesn't work either - I never figure how to enable the tabbing feature
anyway so it's likely to do with the browser in my system.

> I don't understand your point about the placement of the Close button, but I
> agree that the focus indication should be clearer - we asked for that but it
> didn't get implemented.

Come to think of it, perhaps the placement of the close button isn't so much of
an issue for this particular page as the last keyboard control is a link that
you want user visits. I was actually pondered over this issue just the day
before, my conclusion is, for modal window, it's important to have the Close
button placed at the last  keyboard control for that it's presumably safe to
assume user wants to read the content and if site has this intention (and there
are links in between that have keyboard navigation control) in the modal window
first before closing it; if a close button (a link) is placed at the beginning
of the modal window, user won't be able to tab back to close the window using
keyboard navigation.

What do people think about having the focus same visual presentation as the
hover?

Tee