If you have SDKs, you can open Dashcode, create a page for Mobile Safari and
check the resource log. There is also Browser simulator but this one for both
desktop and mobile I think.

Still exploring so not fully sure what I see is exactly correct.

Trying to figure all these another question has arisen. Take iPad for example
which supports portrait and landscape, so if I have two separate images target
for the two, doesn't it load two images? Say, I first view a page from
landscape and this loads the image from it media query, then I switch to
portrait, it loads the image from its media query, when it does, the one from
landscape has already been loaded so it won't just magically gone when I am
still at the portrait right?

If I'm driving anybody crazy, some comfort for you: I am alredy driving myself
crazy, so you are just offloading the craziness from me. The craziness you
thought from my question isn't from my question actually.

tee