Sorry, I missed the replies in this thread, I didn't intend to be unresponsive.
Indeed it is only Safari as far as I can see that loads all the background
images at once, but that seems to include also iOS, so quite a big group of
mobile users. Maybe this will be improved in iOS 5.

Bye,
Frances

www.waalweb.nl
www.smartscripts.nl
Zelfstudiehandboek Websites Ontwikkelen met HTML, CSS en Dreamweaver
WaalWeb | Halfweg, Noord-Holland | KvK 34350833

Op 27 sep 2011, om 23:33 heeft Hassan Schroeder het volgende geschreven: