Hi,

Working with the semantical HTML5 elements I keep feeling aversion to the extra
elements I am producing. Like the nav element, using it as a container for a
menu in an list does not feel as an advantage, I never needed a container for
the list before. I trained myself in keeping the code as clean and small as
possible and now I am simply creating more elements.

How about a nav element containing just links? I can think of answer myself
like that a nav element may also contain a header, or contain paragraph with
links inside the text. So this could lead to the conclusion that (with keeping
in mind to never use an element unless you need it) that I should only use the
nav element in such cases, and that a nav element around a simple list is not
adding anything to it but creating more code.

Anyone having any thoughts on this?

Bye,
Frances

www.waalweb.nl
www.smartscripts.nl
Zelfstudiehandboek Websites Ontwikkelen met HTML, CSS en Dreamweaver
WaalWeb | Halfweg, Noord-Holland | KvK 34350833