On 11/07/2015 22:11, Michael Black wrote:
Hi Mike,
> The errors at the end are when it tries to put the rig in RX mode and ID; is
> returning ?; which indicates rig busy.
> I wonder if you need a post_write delay too in hamlib ts480.c -- right now
> .post_write_delay=0.  Maybe make it 100ms or such just to see if the RX
> errors at the end clear up.
It looks like the TS-480 (possibly other Kenwood rigs as well) gives a
"?;" CAT response to an "RX;" command if the rig is not in Tx mode. We
don't need to worry about this as that particular attempted release of
PTT is a belt and braces unconditional command on reset, exit or error
to try and ensure that the rig is not left in Tx mode by accident. Any
exceptions from that command are already ignored, see
TransceiverBase.cpp in TransceiverBase::start(), TransceiverBase::stop()
and TransceiverBase::offline() where these commands are invoked.