On 60m, we (USA) need to stay within the channel limits, which puts a 2500 Hz
DF out of regulation. Most activity clusters towards the center of the channel
(1400 Hz or so).

There are several ways people have read the rules about exactly where and under
what circumstances we can operate, but I'll not open that can of worms.

You can adjust the "blue line" in WSJTX above which the program is JT65 and JT9
"bilingual." It can be set anywhere in the passband, with the cost of more
2-Mode operation being higher processor usage and possible longer decode times.
Use the spin box in the lower left corner of the waterfall display.

60 is the somewhat odd bird in our collection. By convention, most JT9 action
is above 2000 or so Hz (assuming a wide slice starting at the JT65 "zero"
frequency). Since that's not possible on 60m, I've noticed many folks just look
for a clear spot near the middle and rock on. With the comparatively few
signals on 60, the extra processing effort and time should not be an issue for
most modern computers.

Since other countries have different rules, I wouldn't recommend a strictly USA
based change, and would leave it to the operator to set things up, perhaps
using a "configuration" setting for 60m.

Hope that helps.... 73,

George J. Molnar
@GJMolnar