On 11/08/2017 00:40, Rich - K1HTV wrote:

The first FT8 DXpedition using FT8 will occur this weekend as OH2BR & OH2JR operate from Market Reef as OJ0BR & OJ0JR.

In responding to an email from Martti, OH2BR, I suggested that since he would not be able to copy anything from multiple stations calling on the same frequency, that he run split. I suggested he program a CQ message "CQ OJ0BR UP" or CQ OJ0BR SPLT".

However, this Tx6 message would only work for one CQ. When a station was answered, clicking on it would erase the Tx6 message. He would have to type in the special CQ message over and over to direct stations to call on another frequency.

Is there any reason why the TX6 message couldn't be left alone when clicking on a station answering a CQ message and NOT be changed to the stock "CQ call Grid" Tx6 message?

HI Rich,

non-standard messages can be added to the free text macros, just enter them into Tx5 (or Free text on tab 2) and hit ENTER, they will be save on the macros list and can be recalled with a couple of mouse clicks. On tab 2 they do not get overwritten either.