Bill,

  Yes, I know that the Tx5 messages can easily be stored and retrieved.  But in
R8021 and other builds, when I  click on a call of a station replying to my CQ,
the special message stored in TX5 gets wiped out. That means every time I want
to again use that special message I need to go the Tx5 drop down menu, find it
and select it AGAIN.

In the case of future DXpeditions using FT8, of which I'm sure there will be
many, having to pull down a special message such as "CQ P5AA SPLT" or "CQ P5AA
UP" after every QSO will be a real inconvenience and a pain.

Again, what is needed is a CQ message box that can be frozen without having to
reprogram it after each QSO. Many DXers use special CQ messages such as "CQ DX
call Grid" or CQ NA call Grid".  As the program works now, after each DX QSO
they need to re-populate the CQ box.

Why can't one of the boxes be frozen is again my question.

73,

Rich - K1HTV

= = =