Quick answer: VK9MA should answer on callers QRG.

Commenting on sequence:

1. CQ UP VK9MA QH72
2.            VK9MA K1ABC -15 | VK9MA W9XYZ -13 | VK9MA WB6DEF -07
3. K1ABC VK9MA R-12
4.            VK9MA K1ABC RRR  | VK9MA W9XYZ -13 | VK9MA WB6DEF -07
5. W9XYZ VK9MA R-09
6.            VK9MA W9XYZ RRR  | VK9MA WB6DEF -07| VK9MA G4AAA -11
7. WB6DEF VK9MA R+01

VE3NEA overlooked: K1ABC, W9XYZ nor WB6DEF do not know of each other.
When W9XYZ receives  "WB6DEF VK9MA R+01", this
indicates just "it is not my answer" and not "I missed my report".

So information to them is only what VK9MA is transmitting.
W9XYZ is calling until he receives "W9XYZ VK9MA R QH72". For VK9MA QSO is
complete if W9XYZ stops calling
because he received "R-12". There might be lost "RRR", but this is normal
practice also on CW/SSB.

Now, OJ0BH. ARRL called it "fist FT8" dxpedition.

Yesterday I've been monitoring it for a while.
Some problems:
- answering on own frequency slows down procedure a lot.
- far too much retries, especially with long UL/RRR/73 procedure enforced by
1.80-rc1
- WSJTX 1.80-rc1, even with no "TX follows RX" force transmitting "RRR" on
OJ0BH QRG.
- short procedure with no UL is not used a lot, FT8 is too fast. We need "no UL" or
"TX2 answer" button.
- people calling on top of OJ0BH. It take quite some effort to be in wrong
timeslot?
 As QRM was OH station, it is probably in agreement with OH2BH to test how
robust FT8 is.
I guess OJ0BH rate is JT65-ish. But we are learning ...

Good practice: D44TWO, JT65  in May 2017.

I worked him on few bands JT65. Same procedure:
We were calling him, he was answering on MY frequency.
Thus, there was no QRM on his frequency. Also, I could use 500 Hz filter on 80m.
No problem with TX follows RX.
Also, LIDs jumping on his last frequency could do no harm.
He was doing 30 QSO/hour.

What is really nice: people figured out procedure by monitoring, and adapted
quickly.

SO, again:

1. CQ UP VK9MA QH72  on "idle" QRG
2. VK9MA K1ABC -15 | VK9MA W9XYZ -13 | VK9MA WB6DEF -07  each on own QRG
3. K1ABC VK9MA R-12   on K1ABC QRG
4. VK9MA K1ABC RRR | VK9MA W9XYZ -13 | VK9MA WB6DEF -07
5. W9XYZ VK9MA R-09  on W9XYZ QRG
6. VK9MA W9XYZ RRR | VK9MA WB6DEF -07| VK9MA G4AAA -11
7. WB6DEF VK9MA R+01  on WB6DEF QRG

Look for him in your ALL.TXT file. It was fun to listen how well JT65 can be
run.

TU FT8. 73 gl
Iztok, S52D

[http://psn.sdn.si/ts/Katalog-julij-podpis-JPG.JPG]