Bill,

You might be missing the real attraction for this use of FT8 on DXpeditions. It's about rate and operator ease. JT65 is not fast and requires a lot of manual operations to make QSOs. The KH1 DXpedition in April 2018 is also considering to try FT8 in order to find an alternative to RTTY for HF Digital operation. We should probably discuss this sort of operating practice after the rc2 release.

73,

Ned/AA7A