Some of the participants may have been deliberately breaking the rules as part
of the test.

It wasn't made clear, in advance, whether we should simply pretend the fox was
real to simulate a genuine deep DX pileup, or do weird stuff to check how
resilient the whole thing is.

I guess the team already has the wherewithal to generate WAVs simulating
conventional pileups of arbitrary depth, perhaps even test setups with banks of
hound-simulators calling and making simulated QSOs with the fox ... but
replicating all the weirdness and antisocial goings-on that happen in real HF
pileups, along with the propagation and path anomalies (such as polar flutter
and multipath DX sigs) is a tough ask.  So, I guess some of the participants
went intentionally weird.

I wondered about the XE station on 20, for instance: he could easily have been
a deliberate part of the test, perhaps primed by Joe to call CQ or mess around.
 Likewise with those participants who didn't read or heed the instructions:
some may have knowinly avoided using DXpedition mode to see what happened.

Something to think about for the next test maybe?  Maybe not.  Spontaneous and
accidental weirdness may be testing enough!

73
Gary  ZL2iFB