On 13/03/2018 14:51, John wrote:
I should have been specific:  I was thinking about handshake..Default for
TS870s is None but mine doesn’t like that…

Not everyone is conversant with rigctl nor which -m number is required for
their rig…

Hi John,

RTS/CTS handshaking cannot be disabled on the rig for a TS870s, that is unusual for a Kenwood rig, most can be disabled though the default is enabled. You are right that the default is no handshaking, that is a Hamlib defect. In this case it is harmless apart from potential confusion as there is no option to use the RTS line as a PTT signal.

73
Bill
G4WJS.